Co-washing is short for “conditioning washing” or “conditioner-only washing.” This no-shampoo method is also referred to as cleansing conditioning or “no-poo” shampooing. It’s done with shampoo-free formulas that cleanse, balance and refresh your hair without stripping or depleting its natural oils and nutrients.
Unlike traditional shampoos, these conditioners contain little to no detergents and chemicals that often leave hair dry, brittle or damaged. Their super-conditioning formulas make them especially ideal for women with thick or curly hair to help maintain moisture.
The blend of hibiscus extract and soy protein, softens and hydrates hair without fading the color. This gentle cleansers that don’t strip hair of color or moisture. This cleansing conditioner strengthens and smooths hair without leaving behind a greasy residue.
How to use
- Wet hair thoroughly
- Rub a liberal amount within palms and distribute throughout hair
- Work product through hair and massage scalp with fingertips as you would a conventional shampoo
- Carefully detangle hair with a wide-tooth comb
- Rinse well
- Repeat only if necessary to remove excessive product build up or for further scalp cleansing.
- Follow with conditioning. Use either our Creme Gel or the Hair Condish for best results.
Curly Girl Method Tips
- Make sure to detangle completely during either the shampoo step or the conditioning step, while the hair is soaking wet and saturated with the product you are using. Detangle with a wide toothed comb or, if you prefer, a paddle brush. Only after detangling should you proceed to the final rinse.
- While shampooing, keep hair in a smooth downward alignment as you lather. Doing otherwise, (bunching, scrubbing, vigorous scrunching, etc.), may cause extensive tangling.
Distilled water, Glycerine (and) Water (and) Hibiscus Sabdariffa Flower Extract, Organic Glycerine, Quaternium-91 (and) Cetrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Hydrolyzed quinoa protein, Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, dl-Alpha Tocopheryl.